Main research areas and interests
- Competence modeling and measurement
- Teachers judgment achievement
- Internet science
- Test development and evaluation
- Evaluation research
I made a research visit for collaborative research with Professor David V. Budescu, Fordham University, New York City, US, from May to July 2017. This visit was funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF).
Before joining the University of Zurich (Professorship for Theoretical and Empirical Studies of Educational Processes in Schools) in 2015 as a senior lecturer and researcher, I held academic posts in Switzerland (University of Zurich and ETH Zurich) and Germany (University of Konstanz and University of Mannheim). Former, I worked as a school psychologist in Switzerland.
- Kaufmann, E., & Wittmann, W. W. (2018). Underestimated Swiss STEM Potential? Bright Light on an International PISA Comparison. Cogent Education, Section Educational Assessment & Evaluation. 5:1443373. doi:10.1080/2331186X.2018.1443373
- Kaufmann, E., & Maag Merki, K. (2018). Big data in educational science II: The story of meta-analysis. Crewe, Cheshire: Adjacent Government.
- Kaufmann, E., & Budescu, D. V. (2017). Do teachers consider advice? An investigation of the acceptance of (Brunswik’ based) expert models within the educational field, The Brunswik Society Newsletter, 32, 22–23.
- Kaufmann, E., Athanasou, J. A., & Hamm, R. M. (Eds.) (2017). The Brunswik Society Newsletter 2017. Brunswik Society (PDF, 1267 KB)
- Schumann*, S., Kaufmann*, E., Eberle, F., Jüttler, A., & Ackermann, N. (2017). Being an economic-civic competent citizen? A technology-based assessment among commercial apprentices in Germany and Switzerland. Special Issue: Techology-based assessment of domain-specific work-related competences. Empirical Research in Vocational Education and Training (ERVET). 9(3). doi: doi:10.1186/s40461-017-0056-1 *Shared first authorship.
- Kaufmann, E., Reips, U.-D., & Maag Merki, K. (2016). Avoiding methodological biases in meta-analysis: Use of online versus offline Individual Participant Data (IPD) in educational psychology. Special Issue. Hotspots in Psychology 2016. Zeitschrift für Psychologie, 224, 157–167. doi:10.1027/2151-2604/a000251
- Kaufmann, E., & Wittmann W. W. (2016). The success of linear bootstrapping models: Decision domain-, expertise-, and criterion-specific meta-analysis. PLoS ONE 11(6): e0157914. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0157914